Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Manuscript and Dad

I'm kind of in a holding pattern right now. My manuscript is finished and the arm work in preparimg for the publication process has been done. I am waiting for my four rusted confidants to finish their read throughs. Once they get back to me I will be able to tidy things up and be ready to get my book copyrighted. That is a 3 to 4 month process. That will give me some time to get things ready for the future like my website and such. Thank God for my good friend Bob and Dragon NaturallySpeaking. I never could have written a book.

Last Friday I went shopping with my mother-in-law. My main focus for a purchase was some new boots. I wanted to get some easier boots for Emily to put on me. I had done some research and figured the kind with the zipped sides would be easiest. We went to the store I had picked out and got the boots. They were cowboy boots, but I really liked them regardless. My dad always wore cowboy boots too. I know he is looking at me and smiling. Finally, I got my boy to see the light is what he's thinking. I wore the boots out last night and I kept feeling his presence near me. I must say that I like cowboy boots now.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Randy! You will always be my preferred shopping buddy (after Big Papa, of course)!

cltgrace said...

You know we are cowboy (and cowgirl) boot lovers in this family. So proud of you & BC. Really proud. I think your dad is beaming. Happy Birthday, friend.